Finance Department Mission Statement
I. To provide our core customers with timely, relevant, accurate, and useful information and/or services in an efficient, effective, and courteous manner.
Our core customers include:
- The Village Mayor and Board of Trustees,
- The Village Manager and department heads,
- Village employees and retirees,
- Village residents,
- Village vendors, and
- Governmental agencies that provide oversight and/or services for the Village.
II. To promulgate Village polices and procedures towards the establishment and maintenance of adequate internal controls.
These internal controls are designed to assist management’s responsibilities for:
- the quality and timeliness of the Village’s operational performance;
- increased productivity and controlling costs;
- safeguarding assets and protecting resources;
- ensuring the efficacy of the Village’s operations;
- verifying the accuracy and reliability of accounting data and other management information; and,
- assuring that the Village and its employees carry out functions with integrity and in compliance with Village policy, as well as any applicable laws and regulations.
- Underlying these internal control principles are the proper authorization, processing, recording and review of all financial transactions.